When Blogger last went haywire, I had trouble accessing the e mail account associated with my Google account, so, fool that I was, I decided to bring things up to date.
When will I ever learn to let sleeping algorithms lie!
The result was that Blogger did not recognise the new Google account as giving access to my blog and instead set me up with a whole new blank...or blankety blank...blog.
I tried - and probably misunderstood - the solutions put up by both parties, Google and Blogger, undecided as to which was the Evil Twin, with no success whatsoever and then abandoned the whole problem as I had to go to the U.K. when my 95 year old mother needed a hand with her arrangements to go into hospital for an operation on her knee.
You can put a lot of things to the back of your mind when you're sharpening the scythes on the hub of a wheelchair.
I returned....still no way of accessing my blog....and then the Gordian knot uniting Google and Blogger in internecine strife was cut asunder by the great people at BlogCatalog.
I don't know what they did, but it worked, so many thanks to the modern Alexanders!